ONLINE REGISTRATION HAS NOW CLOSED.
To register please come to the on-site registration during the times listed below. For immediate assistance, questions or concerns, please contact the Registration Office at 413-577-8102 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Monday, August 4:
8:00am - 9:00am, 1st floor of the UMass Amherst Murray D. Lincoln Campus Center
9:00am - 5:00pm, 8th floor Registration Office (Room 810), UMass Amherst Campus Center
9:00am - 5:00pm Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday
TO: THE MEMBERS OF THE MASSACHUSETTS ASSOCIATION OF ASSESSING OFFICERS
This year is the fifty-ninth annual Assessors School held by the M.A.A.O. in conjunction with the Department of Revenue, at the University of Massachusetts Amherst Campus Center during the week of August 4 - 8, 2014. This year we will be offering eight courses that, we feel, will benefit each student and the community that he or she represents. Please read the memo from the education committee to help you decide which course to take.
Pre-registration is mandatory, as classroom space must be reserved and materials ordered. Registrations MUST be completed by July 21 to avoid a $40 late fee. Included in your registration fee is lunch each day, morning break, and Wednesday evening BBQ.
The registration fees for this year's school are: Course 101 - $390 member, $455 non-member; MAAO Course 200 - $480, $555 non-member; MAAO Course 1, 2, 3, & 5 - $480 member, $555 non-member; Specialty Course - $490 member, $565 non-member. Again this year we are offering Advanced Valuation Case Studies. The fee is $480 member and $555 non-member. This year, again, we are offering daily registration for the specialty course. If you wish to attend on a daily basis only, details are listed on the registration form.
1. On-site Registration will take place on Monday morning only, August 4th, 8:00am to 9:00am, at the 1st floor registration desk in the Campus Center. Please try to be there early in order for us to begin the welcoming session on time. Late registrants will have to go to the 8th floor registration office or register (room 810). For registration questions or issues please contact Conference Services directly at 413-577-8102 or email@example.com.
2. UMass has a 3% processing fee. This goes directly to UMass and we are not including it in our registration fees. Please add 3% of the registration fee of the course you are taking to the total registration cost. This is a UMass fee. The MAAO has no control over this additional fee.
3. Room Reservations: Please be sure to stipulate that you are with the Assessors Association when making room reservations (Group Code: MAS15C). Pre-registration is required for the school AND for the hotel rooms at the Campus Center. We have a limited number of rooms reserved for your use and have scheduled all the week's events at the Campus Center. DO NOT send payment for your rooms with the school registration form. Keep in mind that rooms will be held only until 6:00pm on Sunday. If you expect to arrive later than that time, you must contact Hotel UMass at 877-822-2110 and make arrangements for your room to be held.
4. Bocce Tournament: During our Wednesday evening BBQ on the patio join us for the Annual Bocce Tournament. There will be food, beverages and relaxation. Your ID Badge is your admission. Check out the "Bocce Page" of the school program.
5. Calculators may be necessary in all courses (not cell phone calculators) and please being #2 pencils for the exam.